Thursday, October 14, 2010

Quinoa Tabouleh

I was feeling a bit adventurous and attempted to make tabouleh with quinoa.  My husband ate it without me and I didn't hear anything bad.  I'll take it as a good sign.



Recipe:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup chicken stock - I love Pacific brand
1/2 teaspoon salt (could use a little less depending on taste)
1 tomato diced
1 cucumber diced
6 scallions chopped
1 cup parsley chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Rinse quinoa in a mesh strainer.  Toast the quinoa in a hot dry frying pan until fragrant.
2. In a saucepan boil the chicken stock.  Stir in quinoa and salt.  Simmer covered for 12 minutes or until the stock is fully absorbed.  Fluff with a fork and leave covered in the pan for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl toss the tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and parsley.  Add quinoa.
4. In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper.  Mix together and toss with veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment